Grandma arrives!

27 May

Early start for the Forster’s to go to the Airport to greet Grandma who we’d been tracking since she left DIA. We eventually got out of the house at 07:40 and set off encountering a very irate young lady on the way who seemed to be implying that I had a penis protruding from my forehead as she finally got passed our car travelling at the speed limit?

Then we got stuck in a bit of traffic which concerned us a little because the M56 can stop at that time of the morning but we needn’t have worried we were off again straight away and made the multi storey car park as Pam’s plane was due to land. Then we drove around all four levels a couple of times trying to find a space and becoming more and more stressed as time ticked by and still no space. Eventually we parked and were then stood watching the screen and waiting for her to appear through the arrivals door.
When She did appear after quite some time I began videoing, this was what I had planned to do and capture the moment as I did in at DIA in December when Jamie returned home for the first time. (See blog “The Eagle has landed”)
Greetings over and Granddaughter in grandma’s arms we returned to the car and travelled home to show her where we all live, taking a quick tour around Middlewich showing here the places she’d been reading about in these blogs and seeing in all the photo’s we send.

After making a small lunch I had to go to work and the other three agreed it would be good to have a nap before they walk into town to go to a baby drop in clinic to get Reagan weighed. I got a text later to say Reagan’s weight was 9lb 12oz, a full 1lb increase from 9 days ago and her last weigh in! Momma is doing a great job and Reagan is flourishing because of it WELL DONE! dude.
On the way home they called in at my workplace to show off Reagan and see where I actually go everyday which was nice!
Back home it was nice to have Pam as our guest and to let her see how we live and operate and hopefully we can make her feel welcome and relaxed while there! It seemed like we did (although it might have been jetlag) because she fell asleep on the sofa after tea and had gone to bed when I woke up in the chair later on.

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In
New User Registration
*Required field