Road Trip Day 3

13 May

Day 3 began at 4:30am when the fricking radio alarm went off playing rock music at full tilt but only for a second as four pairs of hands smashed it to smithereens! It began again at 7am with a more pleasant shower and breakfast in the hotel before heading back out on to I90 to Mitchel South Dakota to visit the world’s only “Corn Palace” which I was sceptical about when I first heard about it and first impressions when we approached were it looked a little corny (forgive me but I just had too lol) but it was a really interesting place and had lots of interesting features and things to see and do. We were given a short guided tour before being allowed to drift off and discover it on our own. The funniest thing was Reagan “trumpeting on stage” but it was interesting to learn they decorate it with a new design in corn every single year and have done since the 1800’s

After the Palace we got back on to I90 for 100+ miles past field after field of farmed land then came upon the Missouri River a beautiful picturesque break from the farmland as we crossed it, After crossing it the landscape changed and it was prairie land as far as the eye could see and beyond and we past the place where Laura Ingles Wilder lived but unfortunately the actual place was 55miles out of our way or we would have detoured and visited it.
We came up next on a place called Murdo, where a few months ago Cliff had seen the biggest car he’d ever seen and was keen to pull off and show it to the rest of us and if you look todays gallery you will he was right it was HUGE…and I’ve no idea why?

Next up was a time zone to cross into which meant turning our watches back an hour then on to Rapid City for lunch at a place called The Firehouse Grill and old fire house which was changed into a restaurant which I really enjoyed food was good too!

After Rapid city we drove the short distance Deadwood a town now dedicated to gambling which Pam and Cliff pretty quickly disapeared in to the evening to participate in, we on the other hand were feeling the jetlag a little at this point and although desperate to not miss a thing on this trip decided we should get Reagan some food and just let her rest. This was the plan but Reagan was hyper after being in the car so long so we just let her run riot until she wore herself out and after so long in the car this took ages lol Eventually mommy decided to go get some vegetables from the nearest place come back and feed Reagan then we would all go to bed. Reagan crashed 5 minutes before mommy returned so we let her sleep which she did until the morning and even though we were hungry too we slept as well.

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In
New User Registration
*Required field

Comments are closed.