Parenting, a piece of piss…..NOT!

30 Apr

Today started and ended with a load of washing…my life changing would be most apparent today when we arrived home and I didn’t know what to do in me own house and ended up faffing about until we found a sort of rhythm and we started our new “family life” the 3 of us!

I took Jack for a walk into town before going to the hospital and was congratulated by lots of people who had heard either on Facebook or on the grapevine. It was nice to hear people say it because secretly I want every single person I saw to know.
At hospital I was reunited with my wife and daughter and we were told we could go home as a family later there was just a few formalities to get through….
right at this point I need to skip forward to family life as its becoming we settled her down in her moses basket and Jamie got her shower that she’d craved then I made tea all while Reagan slept when she cried we then became the novice parents we are trying to work out what’s wrong
First cry was because she was cold our house is always cold just the way we like it but unfortunately ‘ickle babies need to be kept warm so we put the fire on in the living room and dressed Reagan in a big onesy and hat and the crying stopped. Victory number one to us this parenting isn’t all that hard….?
Ok that sorted life carried on in a frickin’ sauna , jeez making tea was torture in that heat but the spag bol I produced was great and exactly what Jamie wanted, washed down with a glass of red wine. Once I’d washed up I wanted skin to skin bonding with Reagan so I spent the next 90 minutes lying on the sofa with Reagan face down on me bare chest both covered with one of Grandma’s crocheted blankets. For me and I think Reagan too it was a fantastic experience and something I’d looked forward to for months then…
Second cry and this one was a tough one we knew she was hungry so went with that but she did NOT want to suckle then Jamie worked out that she did not like the ointment she was using but even when it was wiped off the screaming continued then we tried winding and then nappy change and then my finger to suck on and after 30+ minutes the screaming stopped so we replaced it with a dummy then with the nipple and hey presto I am writing this at 12:10am having just watched her feed for half an hour and is now being winded
All this was done with Jamie and me looking at each other asking What’s wrong? and the screaming was clouding our thoughts and we didn’t have a clue….I take back the earlier statement this parenting could prove tricky
Stay tuned we are hoping to go to bed now but there could be many more instalments before day break I hope not…wish us luck!

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In
New User Registration
*Required field

Comments are closed.